Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > SD Card (External) Type and Poor Documen...
SD Card (External) Type and Poor Documentation

2257 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-29 17:23:21

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    HarleyEverHome
    2017-05-24 19:59:51
     The manual for the Maxisys MS906BT states the external SD Card is a 'MINI'.  This is incorrect, it uses a 'MICRO' SD Card.  In addition there is no documentation anywhere that documents what you can do with the SD card once it is installed (like move the 'SCAN' folder to the external SD card and delete it from the internal memory.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with support, documentation, non functioning features, etc.  I am real close to returning this new unit and going elsewhere!!  It seems like they expect the user to figure out how to use the device and if it breaks while they try support does not want to help.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-05-24 22:11:05 (Reply to:HarleyEverHome)

Yes it does seem like once they got your money they have a "screw you" attitude. I purchased a 908P from NAPA and they warned me that tech support is almost impossible to reach. I heard that if you buy from other online stores like Amazon it is even worse.

•   Level 4   
    (133) points
    marcos

2017-05-29 17:23:21 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Tech support isn't too difficult to reach. It's a 30 min wait over the phone but thy aren't the best support. On my last call they sooner blamed the ecu than their tool which we all know not to be the case about 99% of the time. . Submitting a data log may get answered but that takes weeks to months. 

Overall, if it works it usually works well and does what I ask. I've noticed that half the time I'm having issues it's because it's a different vehicle and I have no experience with it and expect more information or functions than the car is designed to give.

I've been able to fix some pretty complicated issues because of this tool that previously I wouldn't be able to. 
  Total1 Pages